JOIN OUR TEAM!
Los Angeles’ premier theatre school for youth is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant. YADA is looking for a detail-oriented candidate with a passion for teamwork, the ability to follow directions, with a warm and positive attitude. YADA’s buildings are filled with children that are laughing, singing, and being the bright lights they are. That level of energy is not for everyone and we encourage you to check in with yourself before you apply – we happen to think it’s a pretty magical place.
- Candidates must be comfortable working in an administrative setting and assisting a supervision team in completing daily operational tasks. The Administrative assistant reports to Office Management and provides administrative support.
- Candidates should be comfortable working around and interacting with children that fill the building and classrooms.
- Candidates must have computer literacy and be proficient in Google Suite, Excel, answering phone lines, and data entry + exports. We are seeking an individual who is proficient in using smartphone apps, answering customer service emails, providing clear instructions to clients, and willing to learn the extensive ins and outs of the company’s programs.
- Candidates can follow directions well, and also practice excellent time management in order to meet daily deadlines. Candidates must also have great communication skills and possess the ability to communicate effectively and concisely.
- Weekend and night availability is required. The ability and willingness to work at both our 3rd street and Studio City location is also required.
- If interested, please submit the following materials to email@example.com. Please be sure you have submitted ALL of the materials (incomplete applications will not be reviewed).
4. Covid-19 Vaccination status
Roles and Duties:
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Write and respond to client emails
- Assist in the preparation of school programs
- Liaise with Parents and Teachers
- Maintain student records
- Assemble student materials
- Greet clients and provide customer support
- Computer literacy
- Smartphone application literacy
- Typing 50 WPM
- Time management
- Organization Skills
- Team Player
- Adaptability/ ability to work under pressure
- Solution Oriented
Desired Skills/Bonus Skills not required but a plus:
- Email Marketing
- Social media platform business management
- Previous experience in a youth-oriented or education organization
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $21.00 - $23.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- After school
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Angeles, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- YADA has two locations - one in West Hollywood and one in Studio City. All employees work shifts at both locations. Please ONLY continue applying for this position if you are able and willing to work shifts at both locations.
- Customer service: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person
YADA is committed to a workplace where everyone is free from bias, prejudice, discrimination and harassment. Our organization strives to ensure a welcoming work environment where everyone belongs and is valued, encouraged & respected for their unique contributions. We are focused on building a culture that acknowledges and values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all to apply.