YADA PRIVATE LESSONS
- Private sessions are 30, 45 or 60 minutes in length and are scheduled directly through the YADA offices.
- Private Lessons are $50 per half hour, $75 for 45 minutes, and $100 for an hour.
- We also offer shared private lessons. Shared private lessons are offered at $40 per student, per half hour. There is a maximum of three students in a shared private lesson.
- You will be invoiced for your lesson. The invoice will be payable online through your parent portal.
- A series of lessons may be paid for in advance.
- All cancellations must be given to YADA with a 24-hour notice. Any lessons cancelled within 24 hours will be billed to your account in full.
- Lessons will occur during the time scheduled. Any time lost due to tardiness will not be made up during the lesson.
- Lessons are to be scheduled by filling out the lesson request form. This form can be found in the student's profile in your parent portal.
- Any lost materials given to the student by YADA must be replaced at the student’s expense.
- Students may bring a tape recorder or camcorder if they wish to record their lesson.
NEW! YADA INSTRUMENT PRIVATE LESSONS
Master piano & voice with:
With over 20 years experience as a professional accompanist and composer, Rebecca is thrilled to share her musical knowledge with YADA! Piano lessons are available at all levels, as well as music theory, choral and piano sight reading, vocal health and technique, audition prep, arranging music from chords, harmonizing, and songwriting! She holds a music/entertainment BFA from Cal State Fullerton and has composed/produced music for films, commercials, webseries, musicals and tv shows, even earning a "Best in Fringe" award in Maui Fringe Festival, a "Best Original Score" award in LA's New Wave Film Festival, a “Best Original Song Written For Film” nomination in Hollywood's Feel Good Film Festival, 3 nominations at Hollywood Fringe Festival, 3 Best Film wins and ASCAP membership along the way. In addition to her work with both students and educators as a Master Teaching Artist at Center Theatre Group, she is the resident vocal health guide for Kaiser Permanente's Educational Theatre company and helps touring actors develop sustainable performance technique (she also writes original educational musicals for the company). You can find her all over Southern California presenting vocal health workshops and building theatre programs in schools, working to make music accessible to all!
Learn ukulele, guitar, bass, & keys with:
Suzanne Slade has been teaching voice, piano, keyboard, ukulele, guitar and bass for quite some time now. She started teaching voice and piano in 2010 for DPAC in New Jersey that was part of the regional theatre company, Music Mountain Theatre. In 2014, she moved to Denver and started teaching at Swallow Hill Music, the largest folk music school in the country. There Suzanne branched out teaching keyboard, ukulele, guitar and bass to kids 6-10. She continues to teach guitar, piano and voice privately with students wanting to pursue a singer-songwriting career. Suzanne’s training in piano was through the Suzuki method and she uses those methods as well as traditional in her lessons. She trained for guitar through many different professional instructors and is self-taught on bass and ukulele. Suzanne plays in many different bands and uses all of her learned instruments in each of them. As for voice, Suzanne has trained with many Broadway musical directors and coaches. In L.A., she trains with Peisha and Adriana McPhee, who is the current vocal coach for American Idol.
Study piano & voice with:
YADA VOCAL PRIVATE LESSONS
This private session is designed for students who want to work on vocal techniques for musical theatre. Students who may need added individual help in rehearsing specific songs for their show may benefit from these one-on-one lessons.
YADA ACTING PRIVATE LESSONS
This private session is designed for students who want to study basic to advanced acting techniques for the stage or screen.
YADA DANCE PRIVATE LESSONS
This private session is designed for students who want to study dance techniques for musical theatre (including jazz, hip hop, tap, lyrical, and more). Offered at all levels.
YADA BRUSH UP PRIVATE LESSONS
This private session is designed for students who may need added individual help in rehearsing specific choreography for their current YADA show. Scene work from their current YADA show may also be reviewed.
AUDITIONING FOR TV, FILM, THEATRE PRIVATE LESSONS
YADA HEADSHOTS PRIVATE LESSONS
For more information or to book your child's private lesson follow the instructions listed below.
Request a Lesson
1. If you would like to sign your student up for private lessons, just click on the menu item “Parent Login”, use your username and password you received when you signed up for YADA classes.
2. Then click on the tab labeled “Lesson Request”. Follow the prompts in the form and then click the Submit button. From there, a YADA administrator will get in touch with you.