In Person Camp @ YADA!
This section of the website is designed to provide you with information about YADA - THE YOUTH ACADEMY OF DRAMATIC ARTS and to help with any questions you may have about our IN PERSON program. Please take the time to review this information with your child and direct any comments or questions you may have to our YADA staff by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 323-655-9232. Please note that anything in blue font is a helpful link with further information!
- If your child will be traveling before 48 hours before camp, you will be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test on the first day of camp.
- This test can be an OTC rapid test, a PCR test or a rapid test.
The above advisories apply regardless of an individual’s vaccination status.
WHAT WILL THE GROUP SIZES BE?
Following CDC guidelines with social distancing, the in-person group sizes will be the following (not including two Directors):
- Tots: Maximum of 12 students
- Pre-Primary: Maximum of 18 students
- Primary-Master: Maximum of 19 students
I AM IN A POD WITH SOME OTHER FAMILIES. CAN OUR KIDS BE IN THE SAME GROUP?
- Yes, if you have your own pod/cohort, please email email@example.com to inquire about the possibility of creating your own cast or technique pod!
WILL THERE BE SHARED ROOMS?
- Yes. Casts will change rooms once a day and rooms sanitize between each group.
- YADA has also created an safe outdoor space for breaks and lunch breaks. It will be right behind the building where the cars used to park.
WILL MASKS BE REQUIRED?
- Yes. ALL students and adults will be required to wear face masks at all times.
- Masks will be worn at all times with the exception for taking a drink of water.
- To see how to properly wear a mask, please click here. (proper mask wearing means both nose and mouth are covered and the mask fits securely around those two areas).
- The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health is recommending that all residents wear masks in public indoor spaces — regardless of whether they’ve been vaccinated for COVID-19.
WHAT DOES MY CHILD BRING TO YADA?
- GO MINIMAL: In order to avoid children mingling in areas with all of their belongings, we are asking that each child only bring the following to class:
- Filled water bottle(s)
- Hand Sanitizer (YADA will have hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility.)
- Snacks (Nut free)
- Lunch (Nut free)
- We will be using this amazing app for check-ins, photos & videos to share during class AND we will also be using them for up-to-date health screening & temperature checks! Please be sure to keep a lookout for more info regarding Brightwheel & update/ download the app if needed.
- Click here to see how to check your child in for class.
DROP OFF/PICK UP PROCEDURES?
- All families will be asked to drop off their students behind YADA in the back alley.
- Please enter the alley by driving North on Kilkea from 3rd Street and turning right into the alley.
- If cars are in line at the end of the alley, you will need to circle the block until there is room for you to enter the alley.
- You can get ticketed by the city if you are blocking the sidewalk, driveways, or backed up on Kilkea or 3rd Street.
- Parents will fill out a health screening through the Brightwheel app, then a Director will take each student’s temperature via a contactless thermometer.
- Once cleared, they will enter through the back doors of YADA.
- If their class is scheduled to be in the theatre that week, they will enter through the steps to the upstairs back door that enters directly into the theatre.
- If their class is scheduled to be in the studio that week, they will enter through the back door under the steps, follow the red carpet down the hallway to the front lobby that leads to the front indoor steps, then head right up the steps to the studio.
- Please be sure to have your child’s name printed on a piece of paper that is clearly visible in your front windshield.
- A Director will bring your child to your car when you reach the front of the car line.
- If your child requires assistance being buckled into a carseat or booster, you will need to get out and assist them (for social distancing reasons).
YADA Studio City DROP OFF/PICK UP
- All drop off and pick up will be in the front parking lot of YADA Studio City.
WHAT TO DO IF I AM LATE TO CAMP?
- If you know in advance that you cannot avoid being late, please send a message to your teacher through Brightwheel. Brightwheel article on messaging
- On the day that you are tardy, you must phone ahead to the office and alert them that you're arriving. They will notify your child’s teachers, who will come to check your child in as soon as feasible so as not to disrupt the other students in rehearsal.
WHAT TO DO IF I AM LATE FOR PICK-UP?
- Children who remain at YADA for more than 15 minutes after the end of class will be charged a late fee of $1.00 per minute.
- If you are unavoidably stuck in traffic, or have a last-minute emergency and cannot be here on time, please call YADA @ 323-655-9232 so we can let your child know you are on your way.
- The reason for this is most children become very anxious once all the other children have been picked up.
HOW WILL THEY PERFORM WITH MASKS ON?
- Masks will be worn during rehearsals.
Due to the updated Covid-19 requirements from LA County, all YADA performances will require masks on children at all times. We highly recommend purchasing these clear masks so that your child's mouth can still be seen and we can more fully enjoy their wonderful expressions! Thank you for doing your part to keep all of our amazing performers safe!
WHAT CLEANING MEASURES WILL BE TAKEN?
- A professional cleaning company will deep clean the used spaces twice a week.
- Each rehearsal room and common space will be sanitized after every group.
- YADA will have sprayers that staff will use after each class has left the facility to clean the space.
WILL PARENTS/GUARDIANS BE ALLOWED TO COME INSIDE FOR REHEARSALS?
- No. Only YADA Staff and the students will be allowed inside YADA for rehearsals.
- For YADA 3rd St.: all drop off and pick up will take place in the back alley. Parents will fill out a health screen through the app Brightwheel, then a director will take their temperature via a contactless thermometer. Once cleared they will enter through the backdoors of YADA and then go into their rehearsal space.
- For YADA Studio City.: all drop off and pick up will take place in the front of the building. Parents will fill out a health screen through the app Brightwheel, then a director will take their temperature via a contactless thermometer. Once cleared they will enter through the front doors of YADA and then go into their rehearsal space.
- We ask that all families remain socially distanced while waiting to enter the building/leaving the building.
- There should be no mingling between families/students.
WHAT OTHER SAFETY MEASURES WILL BE IN PLACE?
- Social distancing will be in place throughout rehearsal, including as part of the staging for the show.
- There will be temperature checks before entering the building. Per CDC guidelines, anyone with a temperature above 100.4 will not be allowed in the building.
YADA will be maximizing central air filtration for HVAC systems (targeted filter rating of at least MERV 13).
SNACKS & WATER
- For Summer Camps, there will be snack breaks and lunch breaks outdoors. (weather permitting)
WHAT ABOUT THE SHOWS? WILL FAMILIES BE ALLOWED TO WATCH?
- YADA performances this summer with be in front of a live audiences!
Audience members ages 12 and over will need to be fully vaccinated and will be required to show proof of their vaccination OR provide a negative Covid-19 test that has been taken in the last 72 hours. In general, people are considered fully vaccinated: ±
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
Children 11 and under are required to show proof of a negative Covid-19 test that has been taken in the last 72 hours.
- All audience members over the age of 2 will be required to wear masks.
HOW CAN WE BE SURE THE OTHER STUDENTS AND STAFF ARE HEALTHY AND FOLLOWING PROTOCOLS ON THEIR OWN?
- Theatre is all about community. It is all about trust. We cannot put on a show without trusting our fellow performers to do their part and to take care of us as well. The same is true for this time in our lives. It is more important than ever to do our own part to take care of ourselves and our families in order to take care of each other.
- All YADA staff members are following the CDC and PHD guidelines for COVID-19 testing.
- YADA will be using Brightwheel for symptom checks for children entering the building and will be conducting temperature checks.
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT IS NO LONGER SAFE TO REHEARSE/PERFORM IN PERSON?
- If state guidelines change and prevent YADA from rehearsing/performing in person, the session will be moved to our online YADAVISION platform.
- Click to see: HOW WE YADAVISION!
- If that happens, we encourage all families to make the move with us!
- However, if participating in YADAVISION is not realistic for your family, you may receive a refund if the switch happens before the session begins, or a prorated refund if the switch happens during the session.
WILL KIDS BE SHARING COSTUMES? WHAT ABOUT WIGS, MAKEUP AND MICS?
- YADA will be providing costumes for Summer Camp.
- YADA will not be applying make-up or doing wigs/hair for the shows.
- Hair/wigs and makeup must be applied prior to arrival for the dress rehearsal and show in order to maintain social distancing.
- The actors will be wearing mics on their show day. These mics will be placed in a mic pack and each lav will have a disposable foam cover to keep them sanitary.
- Show Clothes must be worn under costumes on both dress rehearsal AND show days. Show Clothes consist of a flesh toned tank top and bike shorts. ALL actors must arrive to YADA with show clothes under their costumes regardless if they change costumes or not. This is so a YADA Team member can easily put on the actor's body microphone and also for costume changes. See graphics below for various types of show clothes.
- All YADA staff members are fully vaccinated for in person camps.