In Person @ YADA!
This section of the website (updated August 23, 2022) is designed to provide you with information about YADA - THE YOUTH ACADEMY OF DRAMATIC ARTS and to help with any questions you may have about our IN PERSON program. Please take the time to review this information with your child and direct any comments or questions you may have to our YADA staff by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 323-655-9232.
Please note that this is an ever-changing environment and we will continue to follow the guidance from the CDC & PHD. Anything in blue font is a helpful link with further information!
WILL MASKS BE REQUIRED?
- FOR FALL CLASSES, SUMMER CAMPS, WINTER RETREATS 2022:
- As per County protocols, masking indoors on campus is optional and recommended at this time.
- Masks will be required for all audience members.
SHOW & AUDIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- YADA performances will be in front of a live audience!
- Tickets are $15 each.
- AUDIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- All COVID-19 vaccination eligible audience members must show proof of vaccination. No test is required.
- Unvaccinated audience members of all ages must present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance OR a lab antigen test within 24 hours of the performance. At home rapid test will not be accepted.
- All audience members will be required to wear a well-fitted Medical mask (the blue & white ones), KN95 mask, or N95 mask at all times.
- All vaccine or testing exemptions must be emailed to email@example.com by 72 hours prior to performance.
- YADA will no longer be requiring regular weekly testing. We will be offering one last PCR testing on Wednesday, September 7th, from 2:30-4:30pm for all staff and families. This test is not required. If you wish to join this testing, you must complete this survey and RSVP form by 24 hours in advance.
- YADA will be asking families to please test on their own prior to returning to YADA after any travel or large social gathering. This testing will be on the honor system and you will not need to provide results to YADA.
- All YADA staff members are fully vaccinated for in person camps.
- STUDENTS: We strongly urge all eligible students to get vaccinated. YADA will not be requiring vaccination as a precondition for attendance.
- Anyone 6 months of age or older in LA County can get vaccinated against COVID-19 at no cost. Visit www.vaccinatelacounty.com to find a vaccination site near you and make an appointment.
- If your child does have the Covid-19 vaccine, simply upload a copy of it to your parent portal. Please cover all medical information.
WHEN TO QUARANTINE?
- If a student at YADA tests positive, whether symptomatic or asymptomatic, they will be immediately removed from class and mandated to isolate according to CDC guidelines.
- POSITIVE RESULTS
- If you receive a positive Covid-19 result, you are required to isolate for 5 days and may return after that if you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication. A negative rapid test is recommended but not required to return.
- Until that time, they may attend rehearsal through Zoom that will be set up on an iPad in the classroom.
- POSITIVE RESULTS
- WHEN TO STOP WEARING A MASK:
- Take one antigen test when you end isolation.
- Take a second test 48 hours later.
- If both tests are negative, you can stop wearing a mask.
- If either test is positive, keep testing every 48 hours until you have two back to back negative results before you stop wearing a mask.
- WHEN TO STOP WEARING A MASK:
- YADA will follow official guidelines in regards to the potential quarantine of the exposed cast.
- Please click here for the most up to date CDPH guidelines.
- YADA 3rd Street and YADA Studio City both have beautiful outdoors spaces for kids and staff to take breaks.
WHAT WILL THE GROUP SIZES BE?
Public Health continues to recommend distancing as deemed appropriate by the school. YADA will continue to follow public health mandates and distance to the extent appropriate for each space and situation.
Following CDC guidelines with social distancing, the in-person group sizes will be the following (not including two Directors):
- Tots: Maximum of 14 students
- Pre-Primary: Maximum of 18 students
- Primary-Master: Maximum of 24 students
I AM IN A POD WITH SOME OTHER FAMILIES. CAN OUR KIDS BE IN THE SAME GROUP?
- Yes, if you have your own pod/cohort, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the possibility of creating your own cast or technique pod!
WILL THERE BE SHARED ROOMS?
- Yes and YADA has also created a safe outdoor space for breaks and lunch breaks. It will be right behind the building where the cars used to park.
WHAT DOES MY CHILD BRING TO YADA?
- GO MINIMAL: In order to avoid children mingling in areas with all of their belongings, we are asking that each child only bring the following to class:
- Filled water bottle(s)
- Hand Sanitizer (YADA will have hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility.)
- Snacks (Nut free)
BRIGHTWHEEL & HEALTH SCREENINGS!
- We will be using this amazing app for check-ins, photos & videos to share during class. Please be sure to keep a lookout for more info regarding Brightwheel & update/ download the app if needed.
DROP OFF/PICK UP PROCEDURES?
- All families will be asked to drop off their students behind YADA in the back alley.
- Please enter the alley by driving North on Kilkea from 3rd Street and turning right into the alley.
- If cars are in line at the end of the alley, you will need to circle the block until there is room for you to enter the alley.
- You can get ticketed by the city if you are blocking the sidewalk, driveways, or backed up on Kilkea or 3rd Street.
- Please be sure to have your child’s name printed on a piece of paper that is clearly visible in your front windshield.
- A Director will bring your child to your car when you reach the front of the car line.
- If your child requires assistance being buckled into a carseat or booster, you will need to get out and assist them (for social distancing reasons).
YADA Studio City DROP OFF/PICK UP
- All drop off and pick up will be in the front parking lot of YADA Studio City.
WHAT TO DO IF I AM LATE?
- If you know in advance that you cannot avoid being late, please send a message to your teacher through Brightwheel. Brightwheel article on messaging
- On the day that you are tardy, you must phone ahead to the office and alert them that you're arriving. They will notify your child’s teachers, who will come to check your child in as soon as feasible so as not to disrupt the other students in rehearsal.
WHAT TO DO IF I AM LATE FOR PICK-UP?
- Children who remain at YADA for more than 15 minutes after the end of class will be charged a late fee of $1.00 per minute.
- If you are unavoidably stuck in traffic, or have a last-minute emergency and cannot be here on time, please call YADA @ 323-655-9232 so we can let your child know you are on your way.
- The reason for this is most children become very anxious once all the other children have been picked up.
WHAT CLEANING MEASURES WILL BE TAKEN?
- A professional cleaning company will deep clean the used spaces twice a week.
- YADA will have sprayers that staff will use after each class has left the facility to clean the space.
- Family members will not be allowed inside the building during rehearsal weeks. All drop-off and pick-up will take place outside YADA.
- The exception is for Tots parents and caregivers, who are encouraged to remain in the lobby for bathroom assistance.
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT IS NO LONGER SAFE TO REHEARSE/PERFORM IN PERSON?
- If state guidelines change and prevent YADA from rehearsing/performing in person, the session will be moved to our online YADAVISION platform.
- Click to see: HOW WE YADAVISION!
- If that happens, we encourage all families to make the move with us!
- However, if participating in YADAVISION is not realistic for your family, you may receive a refund if the switch happens before the session begins, or a prorated refund if the switch happens during the session.
WILL KIDS BE SHARING COSTUMES? WHAT ABOUT WIGS, MAKEUP AND MICS?
- YADA will be providing costumes, make-up, hats and sometimes wigs.
- The actors will be wearing mics on their show day.
- Show Clothes must be worn under costumes on both dress rehearsal AND show days. Show Clothes consist of a flesh toned tank top and bike shorts. ALL actors will arrive to YADA with show clothes under their costumes regardless if they change costumes or not. This is so a YADA Team member can easily put on the actor's body microphone and also for costume changes. See graphics below for various types of show clothes.
HOW CAN WE BE SURE THE OTHER STUDENTS AND STAFF ARE HEALTHY AND FOLLOWING PROTOCOLS ON THEIR OWN?
- Theatre is all about community. It is all about trust. We cannot put on a show without trusting our fellow performers to do their part and to take care of us as well. The same is true for this time in our lives. It is more important than ever to do our own part to take care of ourselves and our families in order to take care of each other.
- All YADA staff members are following the CDC and PHD guidelines for COVID-19 testing.