In Person Program @ YADA!
As we make our plans for our Winter '21 session, we want to do everything we can to keep you safe at YADA, your home away from home. And so, whether you join us in-person at YADA, or at your actual home with YADAVISION, we will make sure you have the best experience possible! Our stages, both real and virtual, await your sparkling faces!
This section of the website is designed to provide you with information about YADA - THE YOUTH ACADEMY OF DRAMATIC ARTS and to help with any questions you may have about our IN PERSON program. Please take the time to review this information with your child and direct any comments or questions you may have to our YADA staff by emailing us at email@example.com or call us at 323-655-9232.
WHAT WILL THE GROUP SIZES BE?
The in-person group sizes will be the following (not including two Directors):
- Tots: Maximum of 12 students
- Pre-Primary: Maximum of 12 students
- Primary-Master: Maximum of 14 students
I AM IN A POD WITH SOME OTHER FAMILIES. CAN OUR KIDS BE IN THE SAME GROUP?
- Yes, if you have your own pod/cohort, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the possibility of creating your own cast or technique pod!
WILL THERE BE SHARED ROOMS?
- No. There will only be one cast using one rehearsal room at a time. There will be ample time to clean and sanitize between each group.
- YADA will only be using the largest and most ventilated rooms.
WILL MASKS BE REQUIRED?
- Yes. ALL students and adults will be required to wear masks at all times (proper mask wearing means both nose and mouth are covered and the mask fits securely around those two areas).
- The only exceptions will be for snacking/drinking water (during which social distancing will remain in place).
HOW WILL THEY PERFORM WITH MASKS ON?
- Masks will be worn during rehearsals AND during the performance (this may be adjusted based on state guidelines at the time of the performance).
- The Directors will work with the students to express their acting through movement, their eyes, and their emotions.
- Because students will be singing indoors, this is NOT negotiable. Any student not complying will be asked to leave.
WHAT CLEANING MEASURES WILL BE TAKEN?
- In addition to our normal weekly deep cleaning, each rehearsal room and common space will be sanitized after every group.
WILL PARENTS/GUARDIANS BE ALLOWED TO COME INSIDE?
- No. Only YADA Staff and the students will be allowed inside YADA for rehearsals.
- All drop off and pick up will take place outside.
- We ask that all families remain socially distanced while waiting to enter the building/leaving the building.
- There should be no mingling between families/students.
WHAT OTHER SAFETY MEASURES WILL BE IN PLACE?
- Social distancing will be in place throughout rehearsal, including as part of the staging for the show.
- There will be temperature checks before entering the building. Per CDC guidelines, anyone with a temperature above 100.4 will not be allowed in the building.
WHAT ABOUT THE SHOWS? WILL FAMILIES BE ALLOWED TO WATCH?
- Safety is our number one priority, and so we will follow the CDC guidelines at the time of performances.
- If having a small socially distanced audience of family members in the building is safe, we would love to make that happen.
- If it is not safe, we will offer a live stream filming option so you and your friends and family can watch your stars shine on our stage from anywhere in the world!
WILL KIDS BE SHARING COSTUMES? WHAT ABOUT WIGS AND MAKEUP?
- YADA will not be providing costumes for the Winter session.
- We will provide designs and guidance for buying/renting/creating your own costumes on your own for each character.
- Hair/wigs and makeup must be applied prior to arrival for the dress rehearsal and show in order to maintain social distancing.
HOW CAN WE BE SURE THE OTHER STUDENTS AND STAFF ARE HEALTHY AND FOLLOWING PROTOCOLS ON THEIR OWN?
- Theatre is all about community. It is all about trust. We cannot put on a show without trusting our fellow performers to do their part and to take care of us as well. The same is true for this time in our lives. It is more important than ever to do our own part to take care of ourselves and our families in order to take care of each other.
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT IS NO LONGER SAFE TO REHEARSE/PERFORM IN PERSON?
- If state guidelines change and prevent YADA from rehearsing/performing in person, the session will be moved to our online YADAVISION platform.
- Click to see: HOW WE YADAVISION!
- If that happens, we encourage all families to make the move with us!
- However, if participating in YADAVISION is not realistic for your family, you may receive a refund if the switch happens before the session begins, or a prorated refund if the switch happens during the session.
Wanna join us?
YADA is so excited to announce our Winter session featuring not one, but TWO amazing Roald Dahl musicals! Students will have the choice to sign up for WILLY WONKA KIDS, MATILDA JR., or BOTH! Choose from COMPLETELY VIRTUAL OR IN PERSON - no matter what your preference - These two magical shows will have you living in a world of Pure Imagination!